Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Adventure Begins!

A painting by my greatest artistic inspiration.. my dad.
Hello, My name is Deanna and I'm an artist.  My creative addiction started at birth and flourished into adolescence while watching my Dad paint really cool paintings of cars, candy apples and a few paint cans. On the verge of adulthood (otherwise known as 16), I discovered I LOVE to paint people. Mostly portraits of cute guys... Hey, I was 16! I went on to study graphic design in college. I didn't really think there was any other option if I wanted to make money being an artist. After working as a designer and art director in the entertainment industry for about a billion years... I hit "rock bottom".  I discovered I want to create what I want to create. No more rules, no more critiques!!!!! I want to be a creative rebel! So this is why I stand before you today....

OK, so I realize this isn't AA or anything but it's hard to start your first blog!

As I mentioned, I'm an art director in the entertainment industry.  Truthfully, I love my job, so I guess there really never was a "rock bottom", I added that for dramatic effect. But after many years of creating art for clients, I decided I wanted to create art for myself.  It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to paint and what is to be my own artistic voice.

I will be sharing my new creative adventure with you, my faithful blog reader. Future posts will include but not be limited to: my creative process from research to sketch, finished paintings and stuff I find just plain inspiring. And since this is my creative rebellion... I might just break the rules from time to time and post whatever in the heck I want. I'm crazy like that.

I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share any thoughts or feelings. Just please try and make it nice.

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. yes! I feel like I'm already there, just as I am about to graduate with a design degree. I would like to make art for myself. Let's be rebels!

    ReplyDelete